View Single Post
Old 07-24-2018, 11:17 AM   #3051
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKchiefs View Post
Will Meyers trade was still part of buying big league talent. I still see a distinction between buying big league talent and selling. He's had no problem buying, but I personally don't like the track record on selling. I guess he hasn't been a seller that often for us to be too judgemental, although that in and of itself is a problem as well. He has a track record of hanging on to guys for too long and not selling when the opportunity presents itself. The Zack Greinke trade is the only trade where he has gotten a huge return. Even that trade was viewed as less than what should have been expected. In hindsight the trade worked out great, but I don't think you can expect every trade that looks a little light on the return to pay off beyond what is expected.

I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not the only one to suggest Moore is gun shy on pulling off big trades or to question his ability to get a big return.

You only get a big return when you sell a big, valuable piece.

Those are literally the only two major pieces Moore has sold during his time as GM.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.