Old 07-24-2018, 10:29 AM   #671
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankotank View Post
sorry if already in here....but....
I was blown away by Disturbed's version of Sound Of Silence
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shag View Post
IMHO, the Disturbed take is dramatically different than the S&G version, and possibly even more fitting to the tone of the lyrics. It's much darker, and plays like a very different song, with different emotional impact. There's an anger in the later verses that isn't there in the original, which changes the entire arc of the song.

To me, they're substantially different.
Circling back, I recently saw a NASA video synced up to this song. Loved the cover already but found this use of it particularly outstanding.

DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.