View Single Post
Old 07-24-2018, 08:36 AM   #52
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
I was thinking more along the lines of stress relative to the joint. More stress at the lower ball joint and outer tie rod end than at the upper ball joint and inner tie rod end, in addition to the vibration (more pressure + equivalent vibration = more wear?). Maybe this isn't true, but it would seem that way based on location and supports. From a physics point of view, I'm making sense in my own head. That, and there's probably ample reason engineers tend to favor upper ball joints integrated into the control arms rather than making them replaceable like the lowers. Same said about the inner tie rods being a major bitch to change compared to the outers. Either way, you see it daily and I don't (thankfully, backbreaking work you do) and I respect and appreciate your opinion on it.
You have been identified and even though I may be banned, I am posting your picture.

cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.