View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 01:41 PM   #55
Mahomes Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongside View Post
...says every media outlet every year.
Pretty much this.

However I do have major concerns w/ the D.

Bash Peters all you want to, but his turnover making ability was huge and a big part of why the Chiefs won some of their games. Are we going to get that same production out of Amerson, Nelson and/or Fuller? Highly doubtful.

Pass rush is an issue too. Simply put, Houston needs to be the Houston of old if this Chiefs D has any chance of being competitive. And if the pass rush sucks, the secondary is going to suck that much harder.

Chiefs still have a shitty time trying to stop the run. Is that going to improve? Is Chris Jones gonna be a badass DE all of a sudden?

Getting Eric Berry back healthy is BIG, and I hope he can have a 2016-ish type of season.

If Houston can be the Houston of old, Berry plays like it's 2016 and Jones wrecks havoc at the DE spot, then the D may be good "enough".

Oh yeah, and there's a 1st yr starting QB. So there's every reason to be up in the air on the Chiefs right now. Schedule doesn't help but ya never know, some teams end up crapping their pants and some teams come out of nowhere...maybe the Chiefs are the latter. I'll be honest though. I'm REALLY excited about Mahomes, and think he can get this offense rollin' like we haven't seen since DV era. I certainly don't believe the O will be the problem this year barring injury.

Wouldn't be surprised if we saw a similar season to 2002. I do think however that the Chiefs will be in major contention for AFC crown in 2019. A couple good 2019 FA's and 3 early draft picks to use can fix the D pretty darn quick. I think the O is set although a TE2 and OL depth (OT) is somewhat needed.

Last edited by CoMoChief; 07-23-2018 at 01:50 PM..
CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.