View Single Post
Old 07-21-2018, 07:13 AM   #167
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper barrett View Post
I used to beach the fishing boat on Riss Lake when lightning and high winds hit.

The Ducks have a responsibility to protect their passengers and if they were told of 60 mph winds anywhere near the time window and went into the lake then there is negligence. If the storm, like in the IN stage collapse, hit early and at more than twice the force as forecasted, it may just turn into lawyers missing in the wind.

I have no reservations about taking a duck out on the lake, as I have done many times, but wouldn't consider one anything but a fair weather vessel.
I saw a report with a meteorologist talking about the storm. They said they were tracking the storm, a typical Midwest thunderstorm, and they had time to finish and be docked by the time it arrived. Unfortunately, the report said the winds preceded the storm, as you can see in the video, it's not raining yet. These winds developed extremely quickly and were way more intense and don't show up on radar. The reporter said the rains didn't come until 5-10 minutes after the event and they would have had plenty of time to dock based on radar. The actual rain and thunderstorm only lasted a few minutes. Don't know the validity of this, but it makes some sense. Very sad deal.
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.