View Single Post
Old 07-10-2018, 08:25 AM   #3989
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
To be honest, I got the sense of both even during my first watch. That's just my opinion. But it seemed clear the film thought it necessary to denote reckless male flaws, while emphasizing independent lead female roles. I didn't really hate the film for that, because it had so many other fatal plot flaws and such. But I did notice it.. And most of the characters were flat and disinteresting..
Shit, you might be right. I don't pretend to know everything..

But I re-watched the review to make sure I wasn't completely off base and it really only reaffirmed my skepticism. First of all, he's clearly got some issues and preconceived notions that I think are clouding his judgement:

-He says Holdo looks like she should be "giving a lecture on modern afrocentric feminism" and called her a "lesbian book store owner".
-He says "Now, look, I don't want to complain about diversity..." but then proceeds to point out all of the non-white cast members lol That reeks of a move that would be pulled by one of those weirdos who complained when the TFA was coming out that there'd be a female lead and a black Stormtrooper.
-He says "Poe thinks he's a better leader than Holdo because he's a man". Poe's 'mansplaining' with four other women on-screen and that somehow means sexism.. or something.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote