View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 10:11 PM   #3986
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale View Post
Only when they also emasculate every male character. Han is a dead beat dad. Luke is a coward. Finn is a coward (and he even has the same 'overcoming cowardice' arc in BOTH ****ING MOVIES, only overcoming it due to a strong woman), Poe is an insecure dense seditious moron, I don't even know what to say about Kylo Ren... he's a feminist hate fantasy of toxic masculinity.

I mean, you don't have to shit on men to empower women.
I mean, I don't want to make it seem like I'm defending this atrocious movie, but all of this is just more reaching.

How is Han a deadbeat? Isn't Kylo's turn to the dark side the source of their estrangement? Luke a coward? That just seems really off base. He seems disillusioned, maybe. And Finn? He turned heel on the First Order, squared off with Kylo Ren and attempted to sacrifice himself at the end of TLJ. Hardly the acts of a true coward.

All of these characters may be deeply flawed or just shit in general, but I don't see much evidence of a vast conspiracy to debase the patriarchy.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote