View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 05:15 PM   #3984
Bring it on Ahab!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
That's a great review save the feminist angle. I thought that was a reach.

Is that really what people think when they see women in power?
Only when they also emasculate every male character. Han is a dead beat dad. Luke is a coward. Finn is a coward (and he even has the same 'overcoming cowardice' arc in BOTH ****ING MOVIES, only overcoming it due to a strong woman), Poe is an insecure dense seditious moron, I don't even know what to say about Kylo Ren... he's a feminist hate fantasy of toxic masculinity.

I mean, you don't have to shit on men to empower women.

Having said that, it's not really relevant to why I disliked the movie. I disliked the hyper conservative themes of Forrest Gump but still manages to love that film. I didn't so much like how right wing themes were shoehorned into the Dark Knight trilogy, but still enjoyed it.

Nah, the main problem with this trilogy is the characters suck and they seem to be intentionally ruining the already beloved characters in order to 'clear the way'.

Reminds me of making Captain America a Nazi (something that IS canon in marvel comics now) in order to get some new 'woke' replacement characters.
WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote