View Single Post
Old 07-08-2018, 11:11 AM   #2467
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
It would have to be Merrifield. You won't get anything close to Eflin for Moustakas.

You'd have to trust Eflin's renaissance but if you did, it would be hard to argue against that deal. He's a 24 yr old with 4 years of control remaining after this season. Let's say in 2019 he has another year like he's having now - you could get the Quintana package for him at that point; an Eloy Jimenez kind of return.

If you're flipping assets you may not get exactly where you want to be in a single move, but flipping Whit for a guy who's trade value could easily double Merrifield's in 12 months time would have to be a worthwhile consideration.

Or, if you think Eflin's just in a hot stretch and could easily return to being a #5 type soon enough, you obviously don't make the move. As is often the case, that's a scouts trade. But at 6'6'' and with a broad frame, there's nothing in his build that says he can't support his newly found velocity on the repaired knees.

That’s what I figured. I see where you’re going with it but just don’t love betting all of that on Eflin continuing to be this good AND doing so while moving to the American League and not getting 2 free outs a game.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.