Thread: Other Sports Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2018, 10:03 AM   #1885
Keepin it Real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I shot a true AR pistol, the buffer tube was about as long as the barrel. It was fun to shoot but honestly, IMHO, it's little more than a novelty gun. Again, the blast is very loud and the flame out the muzzle is very big. If I'm a cop, I'm advertising to every bad guy with a gun, where I am if it's at low light or night. Plus, I'm blinding myself every time I pull the trigger. Also, the 5.56 is a rifle cartridge, not a pistol cartridge, the bullet looses much of it's power when coming out of such a short barrel.

So you have a big bang with a big flash, but you are firing a small bullet with diminished power. But if you are using the longer, 10.5 barrel, it may be a little more effective.

I value law enforcement too much to advise them to use this as a tool for doing their job, again, JMHO.
I’ll agree with you on a 7.5” barrel. That is very loud and I only know one person who carries a 7.5” nobody likes being around him at the range. I’m not sure why they allow him to carry it anyways. Pretty sure a 7.5” voids my suppressor warranty. For me, a 7.5” wasn’t even an option. I don’t like the look of them either.

I know several who carry a 10.5” without any issues. You still get solid range out of them and they aren’t loud. It’s what many use when they build SBR’s.
Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.