Thread: Other Sports Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2018, 09:15 AM   #1884
Broncos' Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunit35 View Post
This is for work. I don’t know what you were shooting but I have yet to see a huge flame come out of a 10.5” barrel. A few guys carry an AR pistol with a 10.5” barrel and they aren’t much louder than a 16”.

Now a 7.5” barrel is loud and I have no use for a 7.5” barrel.
I shot a true AR pistol, the buffer tube was about as long as the barrel. It was fun to shoot but honestly, IMHO, it's little more than a novelty gun. Again, the blast is very loud and the flame out the muzzle is very big. If I'm a cop, I'm advertising to every bad guy with a gun, where I am if it's at low light or night. Plus, I'm blinding myself every time I pull the trigger. Also, the 5.56 is a rifle cartridge, not a pistol cartridge, the bullet looses much of it's power when coming out of such a short barrel.

So you have a big bang with a big flash, but you are firing a small bullet with diminished power. But if you are using the longer, 10.5 barrel, it may be a little more effective.

I value law enforcement too much to advise them to use this as a tool for doing their job, again, JMHO.

Last edited by Tombstone RJ; 07-07-2018 at 09:29 AM..
Tombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli