View Single Post
Old 07-03-2018, 09:59 AM   #2286
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
There is a lot of swing and miss going on at Lexington. Pratto especially is a little surprising in that regard, since his rep was as such a polished bat.

Definitely the biggest cause for pause and something to watch as those guys progress up the latter.

Matias especially. He has special power, and should be an above average base runner and fielder, too. If he can make better quality contact, he can be a real star.
Do you think it's a coaching issue there, and similar to the league wide trend of free swinging players? I know you question my concern about Matias, but I see someone like him as looking an awful lot like Joey Gallo. It appears Pratto isn't much better, but without the power. By my calculation Melendez also has a 32% SO rate. They all appear to have horrible plate discipline. So what's the deal? Is that just to be expected with 19 year olds in A ball? And should we expect to see them to repeat the same level next year until they can mature and learn some plate discipline?
OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.