View Single Post
Old 06-27-2018, 09:19 AM   #254
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Man, I always screw up the math with electricity.

We have this job on a trailer, which is what he'd want to be attaching to a truck.

https://www.millerwelds.com/-/media/...4/c/ed4-75.pdf

I think what this is saying is 24 V @ 350 A. And if my math (The conversion calculator LOL) is right, that's 7.8 KW. So say you're welding 45 minutes out of an hour, and you work 10 hours, that would be almost 60 KW, so depending on how long the drive is, that would take a good portion of the battery.
Interesting - that's actually better than I would have guessed. The Model X is probably the closest thing we have to compare to, and it gets around 2.9 miles per KWh. The truck would certainly be heavier than that, so let's assume it gets 2.0 miles per KWh. That would mean a 100 KWh battery could drive around 80 miles (40 KWh) after the usage you described above.

Mind you, I'm making the assumption that a 100 KWh battery is the minimum of what it will come with (based on other specs Elon is tweeting). That probably means we're talking about a $100k+ vehicle. So it isn't exactly going to be the vehicle of choice for your average good ol' boy.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.