View Single Post
Old 06-26-2018, 11:42 PM   #252
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Any idea what kind of juice one of those things draws? I'd imagine it would be a lot, but I could buy that a 100 KWh battery would be able to power one for a short time at least.
Man, I always screw up the math with electricity.

We have this job on a trailer, which is what he'd want to be attaching to a truck.

https://www.millerwelds.com/-/media/...4/c/ed4-75.pdf

I think what this is saying is 24 V @ 350 A. And if my math (The conversion calculator LOL) is right, that's 7.8 KW. So say you're welding 45 minutes out of an hour, and you work 10 hours, that would be almost 60 KW, so depending on how long the drive is, that would take a good portion of the battery.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.