View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 10:41 AM   #35
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

I did the interior of my old Saab with 3M Di-Noc. The Di-Noc is kind of thick and it can be difficult to use on small interior pieces. For interior applications, I recommend 3M scotchprint. I used it in black dry carbon fiber and brushed aluminum. Both looked very nice.

I also covered the white chrome window trim on my old Cadillac with some Vvivid Black Chrome. It was harder to work with and had a tendency to "streak" or "thin out" if heated too much.

Prep - make sure your piece is super clean.

You'll want to use a lot of heat to stretch the vinyl a bit so it kind of pulls and grabs around the edges. Leave a decent overlap around the edges and wrap it all the way around the piece. It takes a while to get the hang of how much to stretch it without ruining the print pattern. It also takes a while figure out how and where to make relief cuts when wrapping curved pieces (you'll see what I mean).
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.