Thread: Cardinals 2018 STL Cardinals Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2018, 11:35 AM   #1439
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Oh, and yeah, losing Scherzer suu*******s. Pretty brutal miss for a kid that grew up a Cardinals fan and wanted to pitch here.

I wonder if Soto's emergence could convince the Nats to get super aggressive and dangle Robles. They could get a damn nice return there. I mean, he probably could've been a centerpiece in a Yelich deal so that's the kind of talent they could seek.

I wonder if the Royals fans would take Robles as the main return in a Perez and Herrera deal. Maybe Robles, Luis Garcia and Raudy Reed for Perez and Herrera?

It would sting in 2019 if they lost Harper and didn't have Robles to put out there with Soto and try to replace his production, but if they lose Harper they need to focus more on finding a new normal and perhaps Perez can help there with Michael Taylor being a flawed but functional starter in center. They could re-allocate the Harper money to retaining Herrera and just try to win in a different way.

But man, it would sure make their biggest weakness look good in a hurry (catcher) and vault that bullpen into the upper tiers of the NL.
Yeah, but I doubt they move off Robles because of the Harper situation.

I was talking with a royals friend the other day about what it would take to get Herrera to STL as our bullpen is ass.

But I'd prefer to go the Machado route if it was an either or.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.