Thread: Cardinals 2018 STL Cardinals Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2018, 10:33 AM   #1437
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
About what I thought, but it's pretty much the same chance he signs back there next year, right?

And FWIW, Scherzer should be in STL right now. That was always a dumb miss if they were even seriously interested.
Nah, there's a chance he's back in Washington. In fact, I'd put them around 2 after Philly. Philly's such a quiet giant right now; their revenue stream is INSANE. They could throw an otherwordly amount of money at him.

And let's be honest here, Ted Lerner's not going to live through the end of a Bryce Harper contract. The guy's 92 and if he gives Harper a 10 year deal he has to figure that he has him, Scherzer and Strasburg locked in until he's dead. Money's no issue for a billionaire on his way out the door but he'd sure like to hang that flag before he goes.

I'd say the Phillies at 1, Nationals 2, Yankees 3, Cubs 4, Dodgers 5. 'The field' after that lot is pretty distant, IMO. There's a chance of the mystery team popping up (and just assume that the mystery team will be Arte Moreno being batshit insane) but those 5 are pretty clear frontrunners in my eyes.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.