Thread: Cardinals 2018 STL Cardinals Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2018, 10:08 AM   #1383
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
getting the wild card then having to face some of the best pitchers in this generation at the top of their games has to have sucked.

I remember in 2011 we had to go to ATL and face this young phenom that had been killing teams all season. We stood no chance. Then we won and had to go to Philly and face the best playoff starting rotation ever according to the media. Went down to a winner take all pitchers duel between two long time friends. We won that one too.

We had no business winning any of those games or series. We sucked most of the year. Stumbled into the playoffs. Barely made it in. No one who posts in this thread thought we had a chance to win anything. We were just going to get embrassed.

Your year will come sometime. Pitt fans deserve one.
Those two games burned for other reasons. In 2014, Teke, our old closer and beloved post game analyst, returns from a heart attack to throw out the first pitch. We get destroyed against the Giants.

In 2015, we lose to the damn Cubs and their annoying fan base of narcissists who act like lovable losers but are entitled jerks and the media who jumped their bandwagon.

I could have handled the Padres or Mets.

2013 had additional pain for me because Matt Adams hit the big home run. The guy grew up 25 minutes from me in a town my ancestor co-founded. He even went to college near Pittsburgh but NH didn't draft him.

That Phillies-Cardinals series stunk for me to watch. I wanted both teams to lose. Haha
MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.