View Single Post
Old 05-29-2018, 06:03 PM   #686
MFIC

Laurence Gilman was hired as an Assistant GM in Toronto this week so, I thought I'd take a look into his background.
His last job was with the league, designing the rules for the Golden Knights expansion draft, (he was AGM for Vancouver under Gillis before that and is generally considered as a cap guru). Since there was only one team, it wasn't technically a draft. He called it a "harvest of assets". He came up with the rules and met with McPhee and Co. to explain the options.
From the looks of it, the NHL wanted Vegas to be competitive off the bat.
IMO - McPhee and Co. did a great job of harvesting assets and had the benefit of Florida disgracing Gerard Gallant so he could apply his aggressive style of game to this group of misfits.
I thought they did quite well in the harvest, the deals to avoid certain players and the draft picks they got to take on bad contracts while they could. But I didn't expect this.

The NHL has already announced that they'll use the same rules for Seattle. It makes me feel kinda bad for the other expansion teams, but I'm a Leafs fan. We haven't won a cup in 541 years, so ****'em.
Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.