View Single Post
Old 05-29-2018, 04:29 PM   #684
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shag View Post
My complaint is solely around the design of the draft. When MN/CBJ had their draft, teams could protect 15 players. The players made available had to then be split across two teams. VGK's draft, teams could only protect 11 players, and no other expansion team to compete with. The quality of talent available isn't even comparable.

Clearly, Vegas has exceeded everyone's expectations, and they've certainly made the whole better than the parts. Plus, giving some younger guys time on better lines has allowed those guys to come into their own. I registered no opinion on the quality of the draft at the time, but do recall the general consensus that it wasn't a great draft by McPhee - he seems to have proven them wrong. It'll definitely be interesting to see how the team does next season - is this season a fluke, or was the team put together with foresight beyond what most could see?
Yeah, I definitely agree with this. It's probably better for the league to have new teams be able to hit the ground running and build a fanbase, so I definitely understand why they did it that way (and why it sounds like they'll do it that way with Seattle), but it sucks for past teams who had to crawl through some shit to even be able to start competing. It'll be interesting to see how Seattle fares under the same model.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.