View Single Post
Old 05-29-2018, 01:39 PM   #818
Go Beavers!

If you stall:

First of all, a stall is a long term plateau (a week or more if male, two weeks or more if female). If it's a day or two - relax.

Next, see my post above about adaptive thermogenesis.

Get a food scale and weigh everything you eat in grams and log it into a logging website or app to make sure you are actually eating at a deficit. I like Cronometer best but others use My Fitness Pal or Lose-It. If you eat in restaurants a lot, keep in mind that the calorie count on the menu is a minimum and the calories are likely higher. Don't eyeball, use spoons, cups, etc. That's a notoriously inaccurate way to measure.

Recalculate your TDEE (see above) and see if your current calorie input is still in a deficit. Readjust levels if needed. Try not to go below 1500/day for males or 1200/day for females. I'm talking long term average at those levels, not a day or two. If a deficit would take you below those levels on average, eat at that level and pump up your exercise to make a deficit. It's difficult to get enough nutrition if you go too low long term.
Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.