View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 02:34 PM   #898
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKchiefs View Post
Those are alright I suppose, but to me the failures far outweigh the successes.

- Giving away Jose Martinez for nothing.
- Not trading Duffy
- Signing Gordon and Kennedy
- Horrible in the draft

I really hope I'm wrong, but despite having 4 top 40 picks I have absolutely no faith in any substance coming from this draft. I also have little faith in getting any substantial return at the trade deadline.
Remember that they traded away 5 minor league pitchers in 2015 for Zobrist and Cueto. They also traded away AJ Puckett, another Royals draft pick, last year for Melky Cabrera when they were trying to put together another playoff run. Even though Manaea is the only one that's really panning out, they were still mortgaging the future with those trades and now the Royals are getting the receipt for that with an empty farm system.
WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.