Thread: Cardinals 2018 STL Cardinals Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2018, 11:29 AM   #1064
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
If Gyorko is hitting the ball so much better than Carpenter right now, why is his exit velocity the exact same and his hard hit percentage worse?

If the problem is him hitting into the teeth of the shift, why is his pull percentage lower than the last two years?

No one seemed to have a problem with him having a 48.1% pull rate in 2016, but now his 44.6% rate is problematic?

Is Bryce Harper suddenly a dogshit hitter because he has a .143 BABIP over the last two weeks?

Maybe it's just a small sample size.
I wish I could believe he will improve drastically, and I get the balls in play theory that could swing more towards his norms. However, it isn't just his offense that has gone south, he is now a huge defensive downgrade anywhere but first, and that is only because the only other option is Martinez who is barely passable.

Give him at bats to get him out of his funk, but not at the expense of shelving your hottest hitters. If he takes off in limited duties then you can rethink what your best lineup should be.
VAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli