Thread: Other Sports Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2018, 11:22 AM   #1766
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randallflagg View Post
Nice pistol. I'm of the mind set that when carrying smaller is better. I like to go as small as possible. For me, that is either a Walther PPK or a Bersa Thunder.

And anyone that tells you that a .380 won't stop someone - they don't know the new ammo.

Besides - 7 rounds to the chest will generally stop ANYONE - regardless of caliber.

The other thing about a carry gun - it should be used to get you OUT of a situation as quickly as possible.

I HAVE carried (on occasion) my 1911 - and it's miserable.
My CC instructor, who is an ex-Marine and ex-Chicago cop, wouldn't even let anybody in the class unless they had at least a 9mm. His duty weapon was a full sized Glock in 45. Remember, Mike Brown took five rounds of 40 and kept coming - it took a sixth shot to the head to finally drop him. And under duress, you can't assume that you're going to hit like you're at the range. I want bigger rounds than a .380, and plenty of them.

I carry an all metal CZ 75 compact. Yeah, it's heavy. I deal with it.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.