View Single Post
Old 04-29-2018, 01:33 PM   #244
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
I really like Speaks, so don't get me wrong when I say this...

I think Veach was full of shit when he talked about the reason for moving up to get him.

There were several highly touted edge rushers on the board at the time that pick was made, including:

Sam Hubbard, Ohio State

Rasheem Green, USC

Tyquan Lewis, Ohio State

Lorenzo Carter, Georgia

Kemoko Turay, Rutgers

Josh Sweat, Florida State

Arden Key, LSU

So I think this move was a lot less about the "talent pocket," because he's a ****ing liar by saying it didn't exist after Speaks, and alot more about him preferring Speaks and being worried that the Chargers were going to take him. In the end, the Chargers took a much different type of edge player in Nwosu.

I'm fine with the pick. In fact, I really like the pick. I just don't like the excuses for the move up.

I’m fine with it too. Speaks was the guy they wanted and they didn’t want to risk losing him. I trust Veach when it comes to his intel and sense when other teams are after the guy he wants.

Hell, I thought moving up to 10 was too high last year for Mahomes. Nobody knew the Saints were going to pick him at 11 until Payton came out and said it a few weeks ago. I thought the Eagles took Fletcher Cox too high as well but they nailed that pick when Veach was there. Veach is smart, lets see what happens. His track record speaks for itself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
NIUhuskies is not part of the Right 53.NIUhuskies is not part of the Right 53.NIUhuskies is not part of the Right 53.NIUhuskies is not part of the Right 53.NIUhuskies is not part of the Right 53.NIUhuskies is not part of the Right 53.NIUhuskies is not part of the Right 53.NIUhuskies is not part of the Right 53.NIUhuskies is not part of the Right 53.NIUhuskies is not part of the Right 53.NIUhuskies is not part of the Right 53.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote