View Single Post
Old 04-18-2018, 11:41 AM   #232
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKchiefs View Post
I'm fine with getting top 3 picks, but "The draft is a crapshoot" excuse can't be accepted anymore. A lot of it is bad luck, but taking bums like Starling, Zimmer, Russell, Colon, etc. can't happen anymore. We HAVE to start hitting on picks or we're going to be stuck with shit teams for a long time. I'd argue that Moore has still never drafted a single true superstar talent in his tenure here. Moustakas and Hosmer have been good players, but neither is a top 20 type player. I'm happy with the success that we've had, but that was mostly a flash in the pan and not nearly the amount of sustainable success I would have liked. I think the current regime should be on the hot seat going forward.
I agree. Need to hit on those Top 3 picks (at least 2 of them), like they did with Moose and Hoz. No, they never became ‘superstars’, but they became solid Top 50 players that were exactly what the Royals needed come playoff time.
They performed in the clutch. That’s what you need to win championships.

If they can hit on at least 2 Top 5 picks in the next 3 years, I feel like they’ll be in pretty good shape to be potentially contending come 2022, when you look at the talent that is in the low minors right now.

We’ll see, I guess . . . .
TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.