View Single Post
Old 04-04-2018, 01:25 PM   #4366
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphojunkie View Post
This is called moving the goalposts.

Doke won't make it, because big men have to be able to shoot with range now!

*response providing several big men who don't shoot with range who were drafted high*

Doke won't make it, because big men have to be able to do something other than what I just said they have to do!

I mean, I don't understand this narrative: Udoka Azubuike will not be drafted ever in the first round or just this year? Because, if he comes out, he'll be drafted in the first round. Just hope it's low enough that he sees the merit in returning.

But knowing his backstory, if he can achieve any kind of financial success and get his family out of Nigeria, then I wish him every success and next man up.

But I think he'll be a beast next year if he stays. This was his first full year, you realize.
I wasn’t the one saying Udoka can’t play in the NBA because he can’t shoot (although it doesn’t help). My low opinion of him as a prospect has been well established here. He is a one trick pony in college (low post scoring) who cannot do anything else at a high level and that one trick is significantly diminished in a league where everyone is as big as him and where said skill is going the way of the dinosaurs.

It’s quite possible that he develops other skills as he is still young and becomes a successful NBA player. Right now it’s hard to see why anybody would throw guaranteed millions his way and want to take that kind of project on, though.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.