Thread: Other Sports Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2018, 06:23 PM   #1717
Fight, build, win!

The biggest advantage for me handloading for rifle hunting was I got to choose my type bullet and weight. Also precision and accuracy from the bench so much better than out the box ammo.

My friend and deer hunting buddy sold his favorite .308 whitetail rifle for a .270 win. He wanted to hunt mulies in the mountains and whitetails in Missouri. Problem was it shoots at a velocity that over the counter ammo wasnt suitable for Missouri distances in timber etc. The bullet would blow right through the animal and open out or mushroom to late. He was have deer run off instead or falling on the spot with his 308. He was about to sell it and told him let me try to fix it. I got the heaviest grain bullet in 270 cal Nosler partitions made very expensive also got a cheaper barnes of simular design. Got him dialed in powder type that preformed best at the bench. The next year sucess like the old 308 he was a happy camper and bought himself a rock chucker at seasons end. He still has that 270 aproahing nearly 20 years.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.