View Single Post
Old 03-25-2018, 09:49 PM   #3705
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
Oh, I agree. The people who are worried about stuff like who starts the game thread and/or all of that superstition that goes with it are nuts. Nothing we do has any effect whatsoever on the game.

And yeah, Kenpom is good for stats and to get an idea of how teams matchup. But, like any stats based algorithm, it has flaws. Not to mention that sometimes teams play better than what the stats would suggest. And stats don't always tell the whole story. For instance, I wondered how Duke's young players would perform in this kind of pressure packed game vs the older and much more experienced Jayhawks. The results were mixed.
I'd be especially surprised if the 36% is right, as far as KU's chance to beat Duke... it was quite obvious going into the tournament there were no juggernauts, and losing almost 2 out of every 3 is pretty far out there for a 1 vs 2.

I didn't watch Duke a lot this year, but happened to catch them during a couple losses where they didn't look great, so I basically gave everyone the benefit of the doubt, cracked open a beer, and had low expectations. Once it was really obvious it would be a tossup and it got down to the wire though, I was quite a bit more pumped than usual.... don't think I sat down for the last ~10 minutes.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.