Thread: Other Sports The Fishing Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2018, 07:59 AM   #2156
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
I'm surprised the bass don't turn into monsters from feeding on the soft stocker trout. That's how those LA area lakes produce those monster bass.
Posted via Mobile Device
Lakes like Castaic and Piru produce enormous Bass, and it's true that they gorge themselves on the stocked trout. Thats how some of those big Swimbaits came into existence...they are also Florida strain Bass, which are naturally larger than the Northern Strain Largemouth. Castaic and Piru are also very large reservoirs.

Lake where we have our Cabin is a high altitude alpine lake that freezes over in the winter, so the climate is different and it's also not very big...roughly 10 acres. Also, I believe the Bass in the lake are Northern Strain, so they are naturally pre-dispositioned to be smaller. It stays fairly cold up there until early May. I've actually been on my boat, in May, fishing while it was snowing.

That said, there are some 5-6 pound bass in the lake, I've seen them caught, but I haven't caught one yet myself. Maybe about a 3 pounder at best for me. Good thing is, the lake doesn't see a lot of pressure from Bass fisherman, as it's primarily a Trout lake.
chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.