View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 11:42 AM   #11225
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
I don't think I've ever seen an alfredo sauce that didn't separate upon reheating. There's just not enough emulsifier in there, IME. You could add a little egg yolk or lecithin if you really wanted, I suppose. I'm trying the ol' Vitamix. There was a Serious Eats recipe for clam chowder that uses the blender to emulsify the broth, and it worked splendidly, so I thought I'd give it a go on this.
I usually don't have problem with separation with reheating. Of course I use a microwave to reheat it at 15secs on, mix, repeat as needed.

I would imagine though doubling the butter would make it physically easier for the sauce to separate with reheating. That was my point.
Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.