Thread: Chiefs 2018 Free Agents
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 10:44 AM   #1622
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
What do you think it'll take to get Watkins?

3 year deal? $10 million a season?
Pure guess: 4 years/$40-45M. If the Chiefs did a deal similar to this, I’d certainly expect a backload, although it wouldn’t be drastic I don’t believe because I don’t expect us to be super active in FA this year.

I think Shanahan will want Robinson to come in and be his Julio Jones at 6’3”. I think the Bears will go after him too. I’m not sure on Watkins. Maybe there’s a team out there ready to pay him whatever it takes?

The Chiefs and Rams were rumored to be the contenders at the combine. But the Rams didn’t use Watkins most efficiently to my eyes. He was their red zone guy it appears (8 TDs), but Goff is a more limited QB than Mahomes IMO.

His market could be dryer than I suspect though.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.