Thread: Football Broncos news megathread
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 07:28 PM   #22657
Training Camp Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe View Post
His throwing motion is awkward, but I feel he plays pretty composed. He's not skiddish in the pocket or anything. He's generally pretty accurate and doesn't have balls sail on him as often as some other guys.

Allen is scary. I'd still take him though if the other 3 QB's were gone.

I think Mayfield takes football more seriously than the others. He's worked for everything he's gotten and he doesn't get enough credit for his arm strength and accuracy.

The only concern I have with Mayfield is that he was always so well protected and he's not going to get that in Denver. At least not early on.
Fair assessments, though i dont agree with you on Darnold.

Thing is for me with these guys - especially Allen and Mayfield - is where does the improvement come from? I see flaws in their game that need to almost be miraculously fixed or altered to make them successful in the nfl. Allen must learn field awareness, pocket presence and Mayfield has to deal with pressure and make throws quicker. I think its much easier to fix footwork, or learning to be more careful with the ball compared to flaws in their innate sense of how to play the game. I think its a stretch for either to fix their issues.

EDIT. ive just seen that baker is apparently rated number 1 under pressure? .. Dunno how thats the case, but ive seen him struggle mightily under duress. And he consistently had great pockets - so cant imagine its a great sample size

Last edited by Chiefs=Champions; 03-08-2018 at 07:38 PM..
Chiefs=Champions Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chiefs=Champions Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chiefs=Champions Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chiefs=Champions Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chiefs=Champions Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chiefs=Champions Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chiefs=Champions Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chiefs=Champions Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chiefs=Champions Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chiefs=Champions Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chiefs=Champions Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.