Thread: Movies and TV Black Panther
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2018, 03:12 PM   #162
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
I disagree with that interpretation. This was an origin story so I expected him to be a bit weak. I would have liked to see some cool mystical stuff in this one but I don't think it was necessary for the plot. That first fight he was fighting for a tie and his adversary was fighting to the death. That first fight against Killmonger, I expected Killmonger to beat his ass. He's nowhere near as 'hard' as Killmonger was. And he didn't have to accept Killmonger's challenge. I'd say accepting it showed a character flaw; arrogance. And not everyone just went along with the outcome. That particular conflict was one of the pivotal chunks of the movie's plot.

IMO, it wasn't arrogance but guilt. Thus, he was holding back slightly which is reinforced when he confronted his father concerning T'Chakka killing his brother and leaving Killmonger.
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.