Thread: News RIP Billy Graham
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2018, 11:51 AM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefFanForHire View Post
Well, if Apple makes 25 million and pays 10 million in taxes....fair, would also be 10 million of Billy's 25 million.

Instead...it's a big fat whopping ZERO.

In my opinion....he should be paying at least as much tax as:

1. A minimum wage paperboy on his first week of work at the age of 14

2. A minimum wage burger flipper on his first week of work at the age of 15

3. A minimum wage grovery cashier on her first week of work at the age of 16.

In my opinion, if you own a 25 million dollar house, you should have paid as many taxes as these professions here....not less....
You seem to be really high on "taxes". Okay - let's look at your examples, shall we?

(1) No paper boy makes "minimum wage" However, if they did, they would owe nothing own taxes. Or at least they didn't when I had a paper route in the 50s. I had to deliver papers and then collect from the dead beat customers.

(2) A minimum wage burger flipper (you seem to mention burger flippers quite a lot - is that your occupation?) owes next to nothing in his year end taxes and will owe absolutely nothing with the new tax code.

(3) A minimum wage grocery cashier is in the same boat as the burger flipper. Minimum wage being the "high water" mark here.

I have to assume that you are a young guy, freshly into the job market. We've all been there. I started out in life as a dishwasher at a local Holiday Inn when I was 14. Made $.50 cents per hour - there was no "minimum wage" then. I joined the Army and went to Viet Nam as an Infantryman. Stayed in the Army for the next 24 years. Retired from the Army and went to work for a civilian company. When I retired from my working life - I was making in excess of $97,000 per year. Was I rich? No. Did I pay my FAIR share in taxes? Absolutely.

I am curious as to why you hold those who are considered "rich" in such disdain? Is it jealously? Perhaps envy? Only you can answer that. Here's what I do, however, know. Going through life being concerned about "what every one else does or doesn't do" is an unhealthy existence.

Put religious bias aside. I know it's a cliche' but worry about those things YOU can do something about, not what others are doing. If you can do that, and only that, you will have your hands full, believe me. Stop all the hand-wringing about the rich. It's a waste of time.

There have been "rich" and there have been "poor" as long as humans have been on this planet. It's never going to change.
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote