Thread: News RIP Billy Graham
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 01:10 PM   #154
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiStateNo View Post

Just curious, does it bother you that someone, say Nancy Pelosi for example, has a net worth of over 100 million dollars yet pays taxes at a rate of 22% - which, by coincidence, is 10% lower than the rest of us pays.

I truly wish that these same people would hold EVERYONE to the same high standards that they hold anyone who holds a belief in a higher being to. Seems only right, right?

Lastly, I would say to you, in response to your "Religion is the cause" argument that to me, the LACK of religion is the cause, sir.
Of course it does. Nancy's a crook too, in a different right. But 22 percent still a HELL of a lot higher than the big fat ZERO Billy contributed.

If you want me, and other non religious folks to hold Billy to the standard you do, it would help Billy's cause if Billy held himself to the same high standards of say....a burger flipper. He intentionally chose a line of work that skirts taxes, so, the price he pays is having everyone bring that fact up the day he dies. Having a star on the hollywood walk and breeding his kids and the next generation of Joel Olsteens didn't bode well either.

I'm not going to entertain your lame subtle assasination of my character. You worked in the army, wonderful, I've contributed to society as well. I won't attack your character, as I take you paid taxes, and my Atheist upbringing teaches me to treat others with respect who are worthy of it (i.e. NOT charlatans like Billy Graham)

As for your last statement, we'll just have to agree to disagree.
ChiefFanForHire < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ChiefFanForHire < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ChiefFanForHire < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ChiefFanForHire < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ChiefFanForHire < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ChiefFanForHire < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ChiefFanForHire < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ChiefFanForHire < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ChiefFanForHire < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ChiefFanForHire < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ChiefFanForHire < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 3     Reply With Quote