Thread: News RIP Billy Graham
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 12:24 PM   #151
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefFanForHire View Post
That hippie was wrong

We are on pace to hit 12 billion in 30 years, bit different than 5 billion like in 1993, roughly 60 percent increase in less than 60 years

I never implied I personally would be the one to choose who does and doesn't breed. I implied that would be up the world state when it gets to that point.

The world is changing just like the Bible predicted it would - imagine that? If you make tens of thousands of predictions over tens of thousands of years, the law of averages dictates at least a couple will come true. I'm surprised, seeing as how you're old, that you've never heard of the "law of averages". Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

I'm NOT old, I watch the same world going to shit that you, the difference is, I know organized religion is the CAUSE, not the solution. If Billy Graham were a "good man" he would have helped pass laws to get churches to pay their fair share in taxes. Instead, he helped breed the Joel Olsteens of this generation. A shameful legacy, to put it kindly.
And there it is....His "Fair Share". Got you. Tell me, should every non-profit be paying taxes? Upset that Bill Graham, a man who preached the Word of God for nearly 70 years was paid (by his Board of Directors) a salary based on his pastorship to 13 Presidents? Or as a Goodwill Ambassador to 30 countries? For serving as a world Christian Leader for 70 years?

Just curious, does it bother you that someone, say Nancy Pelosi for example, has a net worth of over 100 million dollars yet pays taxes at a rate of 22% - which, by coincidence, is 10% lower than the rest of us pays. Because, believe it or not, it doesn't bother me in the least. I'm (fairly) certain that her team of Tax Attorneys follow all applicable laws - as I am certain that Billy Graham's foundation lawyers follow the laws, as well. So does that knife cut both ways or not?

I turned 71 this year. I have (pretty much) seen it all, and done it all at one time or another. I have learned over the course of many years how to spot certain types of people. Their mannerisms, their body language, the way the express themselves, on and on. The United States Army spent a great deal of money teaching me those things for my job. Came in handy on a number of occasions.

Billy Graham, I'm sorry to say I never met the Gentleman, but I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that he wasn't a genuine believer and served the people of his ministry well. However, in this day and age, it seems to bother certain types of people greatly, when any thing "religious" or especially Christian, are mentioned. That's fine, However, I truly wish that these same people would hold EVERYONE to the same high standards that they hold anyone who holds a belief in a higher being to. Seems only right, right?

Lastly, I would say to you, in response to your "Religion is the cause" argument that to me, the LACK of religion is the cause, sir.
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote