View Single Post
Old 02-18-2018, 03:55 PM   #242
Rufus Dawes Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KranzDictum View Post
They also need to go younger to get and stay out of cap hell.
Not exactly.

Look when you have guys like Mahomes, Hill, Hunt, Peters, and Jones on rookie deals, you can afford some high priced contracts, so long as the term is short enough or structured in a way to walk away. Now with the Chiefs these young studs allow us to deal with Berry and Houston's contracts as well as some guys on the oline.

So you "could" go out and get a Talib if you wanted to and make it work. I'm just not sure that I would. I'd rather keep investing in the position with draft picks because one can never have enough talent in that position group.

People are also going to have to deal with the teality there there will be some positions in which the Chiefs basically are not going to spend a lot of money on. Like the WR position. Like depth behind Kelce, and if we are being really honest, running back. For all the shit that John Dorsey has received here, and I'll admit some of home town free agent deals sucked, we are in pretty damn good shape if you ask me.

Seriously, the Chiefs that are the only team that has dramatically imporved since the end of the season by trading for Fuller and adding Amerson. Remember when Carl was in charge and it felt like he went on vacation at the begining of the league year? Hell Veach is always working. It's exciting to see. Clark obviously made sure he kept the right guy. Can't wait to watch what this guy does during and around the draft.
Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.