View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 07:17 AM   #10768
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper barrett View Post
What were those $200 dollar a piece hot dogs?

New smoker??? PCB?
I've been smoking a lot of bacon and sausage, so no. The hot dogs were just the most recent. Smoked some polish sausage that I cooked up for breakfast this morning with natural hog casing - I think those were the best sausages I've made.

I'm going to do a pork and apple fresh kielbasa soon.

The PBC cooks too hot. I've tried everything I can think of (even their help line) to tame the temps, but can't get it below about 275. And my electric smoker struggles to get temp when it's very cold outside, plus the chamber is really too small for me. So I got a 44" Smoke Hollow propane smoker. Seasoned it on Sunday, then smoked yesterday. With dual burners, I can only ignite one on low and get temps down to 150ish, which is great for smoking sausages. And it's big enough that I could light the A-Maze-N pellet cube for cold smoking.

I'm not using it for brisket or butt or ribs, though. That's the PBC, and it's great at them.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.