Thread: Food and Drink 50 Beers to Try Before You Die
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 09:18 PM   #3912
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
Samuel Smith Organic Chocolate (so smooth and delicious)
ODell Jolly Russian (if you can find it)
New Holland Dragon's Milk (not as good as BCS, but still pretty damn good)
Great Divide Yeti (Chocolate and Espresso are both excellent)
Southern Tier Choklat (well, anything by Southern Tier)
Ballast Point Victory at Sea (not 100% sure they distribute in MO)
Epic Big Bad Baptist (I found out this past summer they distribute in KS, not sure if they've made it to MO)
Firestone Walker Parabola
Prairie Artisan Ales BA Bomb! (or regular Bomb!)

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...postcount=3701
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTG#10 View Post
Ive heard that about IPA's, you're not alone. They give me pretty bad heartburn but I still drink them.

I'll have to disagree with Bearcat's Samuel Smith Organic Chocolate Stout, the chocolate in it tasted very "imitation" to me but the SS Oatmeal stout is one of the best beers I've ever had. I will second his Ballast Point Victory at Sea, its great and is sold in MO...at least here in Springfield anyway.

Founder's Breakfast Stout is one of my all-time favorites...if you like a coffee stout I haven't found one better but Victory at Sea is close. If you want something really strong I'd recommend New Holland's Dragon's Milk, Bell's Expedition Stout and North Coast Old Rasputin.
I had a sample of Victory at Sea the other night at Mellow Mushroom. Wasn't a fan, which I found odd considering it seems to be a universal favorite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
That sucks, my brother has a minor version of what you describe as well. Do Double IPA's do this to you as well?

Anyway -

Samuel Smiths Taddy Porter is one of the best porters you can buy in my opinion.

Bur Oak - Boon County Brown is good, I assume you can get that in your area.

North Coast - Old Rasputin Imperial Russian Stout is freaking fantastic. (edit: didn't see already mentioned but yea X2)

How do Belgian beers treat you?
Doubles kill me as well, I passed on Hopslam this year because of it. I don't drink Belgians very often.
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.