View Single Post
Old 01-24-2018, 02:14 PM   #3560
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Well, I hope he's happy with a -$700 million dollar drop as compared to the previous film and the fact that anyone over the age of 45 that I've spoken to about the film thought it sucked ass.

If the adults aren't into it, they're not taking their kids to future films, either.

Congrats, Rian!
There are a lot of factors of why this movie hasn't done as well as TFA. A split decision from the fans is certainly part of that. But it isn't the only part. I don't claim to know what Disney was hoping to get monetarily out of this movie or how disappointed they are with the returns. That will work itself out I guess. They'll pull the new trilogy from him if they are that upset by it. But I'm not going to concern myself with that. I loved the movie, and like it more each time I see it, and I applaud him for the work he did on it. And believe that it deserves to be seen. I've seen many people decide not to go, and form their own opinions, simply because of the hate from others. And that's their choice too I guess. This isn't something either of us can win. It just is... it's a movie in a series of movies.

I'm sorry you didn't like it Dane. I'm sorry your kids didn't like it. My little girls really did. And my 8 year old hasn't really been that big of a star wars fan. This one brought her a bit more on board.

Congrats, Rian!
temper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli