Thread: Movies and TV CBS: Star Trek
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2018, 12:31 AM   #403
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
I hate to say it, but goddamn, I love this show. Yeah, I feel dirty saying that, but it's true. I've gotten over the goofy Klingons and the shitting all over the canon bit. It's dark and twisted and bleak and nasty and I'm digging it.

They basically did the same thing to Star Trek that the reboot of Battlestar Galactica did - took an old show, blasted it down to outline form, and filled in the details using new and shiny stuff. I know that the stuff they're doing will never fit in with established canon, and I'm sure they do to. Yes, the ships and everything in them should look like the Enterprise from the original pilot with Jeffrey Hunter. But that look is 50 years old, and would bore the crap out of modern audiences. It's either this way or no way, and I'm on board with it.

I think their biggest mistake was not simply calling it a reboot, when it clearly is.
There is nothing I can see that would have prevented them from simply setting this 25 years after TNG which would have addressed all the things you point out. It would have done nothing but make the show better IMO.

The new episodes after the break are so much better than the first 10. The last episode was really really well done and the After Trek show actually showed all the build-up to that reveal. Really good stuff.
RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.