View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 08:30 PM   #3532
Bring it on Ahab!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo20002 View Post
There are so many "holes" and just plain stupid shit in the previous SW movies, including (and maybe especially) the OT.
But...Leia floated in space...THE WHOLE THING IS SHIT NOW
30% of this movie could have been left on the cutting room floor and not impacted the film at all.

I appreciate that people like fluff and filler, but I like tightly written well paced films.

Tell me, other than being pretty, what good qualities did this film have?

Interesting characters? Nope. Main character has no motivation, Finn's story was time filler and his character arc was exactly the same as TFA (him overcoming his cowardice), Luke is a bitch, Snoke can alter space/time, and apparently force ghosts can use the force to devastating effect.

Why the **** aren't dead Jedi helping out? Apparently they're far stronger in death than they are in life. Maybe Luke will come back and be a bad ass since he was a ridiculously weak Jedi compared to Snoke.... Luke dies projecting an image. Snoke alters time/space with no effect.. but hey, his freakish power is undermined by his obscene stupidity and looney tunes style death. Nice writing. Let's not go with the OBVIOUS set up here. Let's just make them both die in really stupid ways and then praise how it subverted expectations!

Christ, this is a 'turn off your brain' movie moreso than transformers or any Star Wars film in history.

And Star wars films aren't exactly a 'thinking man' franchise. Dumbing down stuff that doesn't have a history of being clever is pretty bad, but it works as a marketing strategy.

Sometimes.

Christ, the prequels were smarter than this. Poorly paced and boring, but far more ambitious. This movie isn't horrible. It's almost on par with mediocre Marvel superhero movies. Like Avengers 2. I'm glad some people liked it. Some people liked the Phantom Menace.

Last edited by WhiteWhale; 01-22-2018 at 08:42 PM..
WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote