View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 04:36 PM   #3265
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By View Post
I get that you liked the movie. But it isn't a staggering success. It's a huge disappointment to Disney, and it's a dangerously underperforming film, because of how it might impact future films in the franchise. The "why" of it has been covered repeatedly in the thread, so I won't get into that again.

And, from what I've read, you're underestimating the budget.
Cool. That's helpful. What have you read? What was the budget? I'd love to know. I'm just trying to figure out how this movie is the "bomb" that people around her are projecting. Given the real world numbers and staying away from anecdotal statements like "I don't know anyone who liked it" or "fans hated it." Because there are just as many examples of fans loving it as hating it. I've seen articles that state, mathematically, 75 to 90% of fans are in favor or reacted favorably to the film. So... all of that is just he said/she said bullshit. I just want to look at the numbers. And I can't figure out how 1.3 billion is a disappointment in any real world metric.

Beyond that... I guess I don't understand how the opposite of your post isn't true. Meaning, I get that you didn't like the movie but 1.3 billion is a success. Maybe we can argue about the word staggering. But how is 1.3 billion, the highest grossing film of 2017 and one of the 15 highest grossing films of all time not a success? How is that "dangerously under-performing?" Especially when no one at Disney expected it make 2 billion?

I'm really not trying to argue, I'm just trying to understand. There are people who are more connected and way smarter than me posting on the internet. I admit that. But this really feels like a smear campaign by butthurt fans who can't let go of the OT or their own personal expectations and wants for Luke ****ing Skywalker.

Honestly, I'm just trying to get it.
Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote