View Single Post
Old 01-01-2018, 06:10 PM   #8472
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callaway View Post
We absolutely squandered his talent. I'm not even joking, our defense was ranked last in the FCS when he was there. Opposing team was virtually guaranteed to score each possession. I think we had at least three different DCs during his tenure. He literally carried the team on his back each game. Most of them were much, much closer than the final score indicates, due to his unwillingness to lose. Kingsbury can eval QB talent and coach them, and is one hell of an OC/offensive talent recruiter, but he still has way to go as a head coach. To his credit, he took over a cluster **** of a program that has been in disarray since we lost Mike Leach, and Tuberville subsequently ran it into the ground.

Ironically we finally turned the D around this year, just in time for the ship to have sailed. I truly believe we could have been a NC threat if Pat had stayed one more year. He made the right call though, and landed with the right team.
WORD...
I don't think Tech would have been a NC threat but we would have been in a helluva nice bowl game
RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.