View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 01:47 PM   #2908
It's a league game, Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
I think that "playing it safe" would have been to choose the path of the EU: Thrawn regroups the Imperial Navy, clones a Jedi while Luke, Leia and Han struggle to keep the New Republic together.

I also believe that it would have been much more fun.

They would have needed to recast the roles to make story shortly after ROTJ but look, they've already re-cast Han Solo and Lando Calrissian (and Chewie, for that matter). Sebastian Stan would have been an easy drop-in for Hamill, leaving only the part of Leia, which could have been easily cast from such a wide range of excellent actresses working today.

But instead, Abrams and Kasdan chose to dump the past, dump any EU stories, start fresh, introduce "new" characters, which were basically clones of the original trilogy and use the past characters as a excuse to move forward.

The blame doesn't lie with Abrams or Kasdan, the blame lies with Kathleen Kennedy. She's the person that set the new Star Wars galaxy in motion and IMO, the only film so far that's "felt" like Star Wars is Rogue One.

The new trilogy is pointless.
I assume you are talking about the Thrawn trilogy by Timothy Zahn. That would have worked perfectly as the third trilogy. I don't think it's set right after Jedi, it's at least 10 years or more after if I remember correctly so the same actors may have been ok. Those books had so much fun stuff - Mara Jade, clone Luke, evil Jedi clone villain, Han's armada of smuggler ships (including a star destroyer or two), Thrawn being awesome at every turn, cloaked asteroids, etc.
Swanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSwanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSwanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSwanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSwanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSwanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSwanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSwanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSwanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSwanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSwanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli