View Single Post
Old 12-25-2017, 01:22 PM   #65
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckweath View Post
Step back from what? I expect the offense, notwithstanding the QB, to be at least as good as this year. Most of our OL are right in their prime and young enough not to decline next year, barring a possible down year from a player maybe. Kelce is right in his prime and I don't see any decline before one or two years. Hill, Conley and Robinson are arguably ascending and at worst should be just as good as this year.

The defense is more of an unknown going into next year and I expect some change and additions but I hardly see how they could take any significant step back. Hali and Johnson have already slowed down quite a bit. Houston and Berry I am pretty sure have one or two more great years in them but it is possible they could decline at anytime now. Yeah thinking twice, the defense could be slightly worse but not by much IMO.

If there is any step back, it would most definitly come from the QB play.
I expect a step back for several reasons.

- The defense needs to be retooled in several areas. The linebackers are crap and we have very little depth. Bennie Logan will possibly be gone, and we still need to find a replacement starter for Bailey at DE in my opinion. I don't like the other players at safety outside of Berry. Our corners are still a huge question mark after Peters.

- The OL is still a big weakness IMO. They get blown off the ball by even average DL in short yardage situations. They're marginally better in pass protection, but they're still nothing to write home about.

- We have a difficult schedule next year, especially on the road. I also expect Oakland and Denver to bounce back somewhat in the division. With no 1st round pick and limited cap room, any improvements next year will have to come from rookies, bargain bin free agents, or young players currently on the roster.

I don't expect us to be horrible, but I am predicting somewhere between 6-8 wins unless Mahomes absolutely balls out in his first year. I'm fine with such a season, as my main concern next year goes beyond our W/L record. As long as I see growth from Mahomes and evidence that he is the long term answer, I will be happy.
OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote