View Single Post
Old 12-25-2017, 12:26 PM   #61
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKchiefs View Post
1) Mahomes isn't playing in the playoffs barring an injury to Alex, even if he throws 5 touchdowns next week.

2) Next year is going to be a step back most likely, regardless of who is at quarterback.

Put down the pipe
Step back from what? I expect the offense, notwithstanding the QB, to be at least as good as this year. Most of our OL are right in their prime and young enough not to decline next year, barring a possible down year from a player maybe. Kelce is right in his prime and I don't see any decline before one or two years. Hill, Conley and Robinson are arguably ascending and at worst should be just as good as this year.

The defense is more of an unknown going into next year and I expect some change and additions but I hardly see how they could take any significant step back. Hali and Johnson have already slowed down quite a bit. Houston and Berry I am pretty sure have one or two more great years in them but it is possible they could decline at anytime now. Yeah thinking twice, the defense could be slightly worse but not by much IMO.

If there is any step back, it would most definitly come from the QB play.
Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.