View Single Post
Old 12-20-2017, 03:54 PM   #1920
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
He's a lefty. That's about the only thing he'd have going for him on our roster.

But I think Logan Morrison is actually a better LH hitter and would come cheaper and with less term. If you wanted to, you could put him and Martinez in a platoon at 1b with Carpenter/Gyorko in a platoon at 3b and end up with some hellacious offensive performances for your troubles.

That would make far more sense than Moustakas.
Yes, we are righty heavy, but I think balance is often overvalued based on old traditions. For some hitters there are big splits that make it worth considering.

I was looking at Morrison the other day too, and he is intriguing and that scenario with Maddon running the club would be something that could work nicely. I just think limiting meathead’s options are probably in our best interests.

Fangraphs now has projected as an 88 win team, which sounds about right to me. One reason to not be too anxious right now and sell off any assets low. We might be able to add some names not currently available in June or July.

It’s only one stat but the one position we had a negative wins above average was catcher. Relief pitching was also negative. That doesn’t factor in Ozuna. I think that 88-90 wins is not far fetched if we do nothing more.
VAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli