View Single Post
Old 12-20-2017, 11:19 AM   #1906
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Polo View Post
I'm really glad this happened. Longoria seemed to be an option to make a move just to make a move. Too costly and his no trade would've been a killer later on.

Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times reports that the Rays have traded Evan Longoria to the Giants.

Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports says the Rays will receive third base prospect Christian Arroyo, veteran outfielder Denard Span, and minor league pitchers Matt Krook and Stephen Woods. Outside of the Span throw-in this is a decent haul for the Rays, given that Longoria is owed $86 million and hasn't posted an on-base percentage north of .328 since the 2013 season. Maybe the 32-year-old can bounce back offensively in a new environment, but San Francisco is a tough place for such an attempt.

He wouldn't have had a no-trade in STL; 10-5 rights wouldn't have triggered at that point.

But I don't care - his contract would've been a virtual no-trade clause.

As for the return - not impressed by Arroyo. Shrock appears to be a far better player to my eyes. Woods may be the most intriguing part in the package and even he's just a college pitcher picking on guys he's clearly more advance then. He's a scouting report guy - no way of really projecting his performance yet.

A 22 yr old beating up the South Atlantic League doesn't mean much, especially when he's still walking way too many guys and putting up a 1.4 WHIP against guys he should be wrecking. The landscape is littered with average sized righties who throw 97 and never find their command.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.